Hello, my name is Josie Phillipps and I want to be your next York Sport President!
University Sport and Roses
- Fairer funding for sports teams based on the necessities of each club - Not only will the larger sports get what they want, but it will also allow the smaller sports here to develop and blossom.
- I want to make sure that smaller sports clubs don’t get forgotten and I will give them my full support.
- Survey to all sports clubs to hear what you want from sport at York
- Top 35 university for sport.
- Performance-based incentives - I want to meet with each individual president for the clubs and set out various aims for the coming year. If they were to achieve them they would receive a reward towards the club
- Sports scholarships – change them to make them more appealing attracting people to York for sport in the future and provide great opportunity for the elite sportspersons we currently have at the University.
- Create transparency of the facilities booking systems through online schedule
- Ethos of winning, through emulating the success of other sports clubs, through the continuation of the Team of the Week and the Sportsperson of the Month, which would inspire other teams to succeed as well.
- BUCS Wednesday live feed – match updates that everyone can see
- Put on various inter-sport, fun tournaments for charity such as the Netball tournament that Uni Netball put on.
- Roses is always the highlight of the year and I want to create a better Roses than ever before. During away Roses, it would be amazing to bring back the trophy – through better accommodation for the players and creating better ease of access for all students playing or not to get there and support York to take the home advantage away.
- I want to do a second pre season for the teams at the end of the Easter holidays, where there would be coaching provided for sports.
- College sport is such an important part of college life, especially for those who want to try something new.
- Centralise college sport into a website, that is regularly updated, where everyone can see the match schedule, leagues and contact details of each of the sports captains for each college.
- Varsity and Roses – a couple of training sessions with University – it would develop the teams ability and bridge the gap between the college teams and the uni teams.
- Equal Opportunities scheme is very important at York.
- I would like to create a closer connection between the networks and the sports clubs, consequently meaning that the liberation networks would have more of an idea about what sports are available and the teams will have more of an idea about what the scheme truly represents and be more inviting.
- I would like to have a set of guidelines that each club signs up to and adds to their constitution.
- I would also like to expand the Equal Opportunities scheme to college sports.